© The last few days of December 2017 allowed me to immerse myself in a strange, but somehow delicate, balance as I accomplish mini goals that I have put off throughout the year. From the basis of organization, I have allowed myself to clear my surroundings of old patterns, to record my thoughts, and to always look at the positive aspect of my life. I have engaged in positive relationships as the first half of the year had a lot of negative people who have dissipated away from my life and unto the corners of my deepest thoughts. This being said, I hope to write a list of things I learned this year and what I hope to bring with me into 2018.
Side note: I added a link to some of my blog posts that pertained to the particular lesson I wrote about! If you need any encouragement in that area, give it a click!
- It is extremely important to have to balance your life. While there is a time to have excitement, there is also a time for peace. This is most important to me and I will be discussing this next week!
- While it may be difficult, some people are only in your life for a season. Just because their presence affects you doesn’t mean they will stay forever.
- It is so important to focus on the little things. As cliche as it sounds, they really are the big things. See this post!
- Tiny progress is still progress and it adds up. Be thankful for the smaller accomplishments in life. See this post!
- It is okay to be sad. Drown in tears occasionally. It isn’t a sign of weakness; it is an element of vulnerability and your trials and tribulations may encourage someone else who is in the midst of struggles. See this post!
- Life changes, life stays the same. That’s okay. Take time to immerse yourself in the moment. There is always beauty to be seen. See this post! / See this post!
- It is okay to speak up. Let your voice be heard. Every thought counts and you deserve to be treated with respect. That’s not being petty or difficult, it’s self-respect.
- Be thankful! You would be surprised how much gratitude can affect your well-being! It’s a beautiful thing when you start to see happiness in tiny moments! It makes you realize how blessed you truly are! Attitude of Gratitude
- LASTLY, take a risk! That risk may equate to one of the best decisions in your life. For example, I made this blog in April of this year. I struggled for quite some time to decide whether or not I should do this. I felt so compelled as something in my heart told me it was time. I am so thankful I listened to what I felt was God’s calling and progressed to make this blog. It has been so beneficial in allowing me to see the goodness in this world! Thank you to everyone who has strung along and encouraged me!
Side note: There was an extra lesson (#1), to jump start me for this year! 😉
© Kiki Mueller 2017