© (scroll for a list 😊)
Lately, my eyes stay heavy while my heart is full of emotion. I constantly aspire to make the most of every day by ensuring that I complete a certain set of tasks. Whether it be school-based, as it was during this past semester, when I took five online classes, organization, or quality time with friends, I measure my success in moments of accomplishment. I work hard to accomplish different sets of goals, to make sure that I am doing all I can to make the most out of the life I have been blessed with.
Most days my heart desires to accomplish. Consistency and consecutive moments of progression are what makes my heart happy. I ponder as to how long I can keep going until I crash like waves upon the shore. Overwhelmed by the force of my own thoughts.
Due to recent events, I pulled away from the overall basis of calmness and living in the moment as I yearn to confirm how and where I will spend my next set of years once I obtain my AA at the end of Fall 2018. I am excited to see how things pan out but, with that, comes the fear of the unknown. I work hard and I try to do all that I can to make the most of everything in attempts to reach my full potential. However, as I am experiencing, there is the likeliness of burnout. Because of this, I have learned the importance of giving myself a day to rest. It makes the most sense, to me, to dedicate Sunday as a time to regenerate, reflect, and get ready, for the upcoming week. I have spent the past couple weeks brainstorming the best ways to refresh my internal being through moments of peaceful activities. This brought me to the following set of endeavors.
- Take a bath: This is my favorite because a candle, dim lights, and some calm music allows for the perfect combination of peace and elation.
- I recommend a few drops of lavender to calm the mind and some Epsom salt which contains magnesium and has an array of health benefits.
- Read:This can range from health, romance, self-help books, or whatever your heart desires. You can emerge in a different world while in the luxury of your favorite blanket and a cuddle buddy aka my dog 😉
- PaintI find that, in moments of stress, painting really allows one to relieve any internal pain. Painting is a way to release emotions in a colorful and unique way!
- Lastly, write! I know my fellow bloggers understand the emotional benefits of getting your thoughts on paper! Taking time to resonate with your deepest thoughts can help you dig deeper as to what is bothering you! One can keep these thoughts private or post it publicly to gain some further insight!
As a whole, I am learning…very slowly…the importance of being still. I am naturally one that feels the need to constantly be doing something and I think this is why I find great peace in reflecting on a format that can potentially help others and gain insight from others with similar concerns of mine.
What do you do to relax and regenerate? I look forward to hearing from you!
It feels great to be back! 😉
© Kiki Mueller 2018