Hi- As today is dedicated to honoring the Black Lives Matter movement, I decided to provide some links that have been beneficial in my ability to have a greater understanding regarding the perpetuation of oppression towards black individuals in America. Now is the time to play a part in the eradication of this vicious cycle.
One must acknowledge the systematic racism that is embedded in society. We all, including myself, have a lot to learn and the ability to provoke action and positive change. This starts with education.
31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” ~ Mark 12:31
- Petitions to sign:
- Comprehensive Resource List
- Mental Health Resources
- Children’s book discussing racism:
- A list of black businesses to buy from
- Small black businesses to donate to:
- Black brands to support during this time:
- Multiple resources: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co
- How to Acknowledge Race on Social Media in a Sensitive & Respectful Way
- Support the Fight Against Inequality: Resources and Ways to Act